Canon Photomarathon Philippines 2017September 05, 2017 | Canon Admin
WHAT IS CANON PHOTOMARATHON?
The first CPM was held in Singapore in 2003. Encouraged by its excellent reception, the competition was extended to other parts of Asia. In 2017, CPM extended its footprint to Nepal, with its counterparts in Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Brunei, Cambodia, China and Sri Lanka, the competition was launched in a total of 14 countries and regions.
Join the multitude of participants who rose to the challenge of this photo competition and create photographic masterpieces in line with assigned themes - under time pressure.
HOW TO REGISTER?
The first step to register for Canon Photomarathon is to create your Canon Imagenation Account HERE.
Make sure to register a camera product and include the product serial number.
If you already have an account, please make sure you have placed a camera model and its serial number. If not, kindly update your account.
After successful and complete registration to Canon Imagenation, login in to your account then a prompt will pop up and ask you to join the event.
Click on "Join" then proceed with payment.
WHEN & WHERE?
CPM Philippines will be on October 21, 2017 at Hall 4 of the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS ALLOWED?
The participants can only use a Canon camera (DSLR or Point and Shoot) but may use accessories of any brand (lens, flash, filter, etc).
WHO CAN JOIN?
Anybody who owns a Canon camera may join. All nationalities are welcome.
Participants under the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent or guardian.
Slots are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis subject to receipt of a valid registration as determined by Canon.
There is a registration fee of Php500. This is inclusive of a t-shirt, visor, fan and the participation fee.
a. Grand Prize Winner: EOS 6D Mark II Body & PIXMA G3000 Printer
b. First Runner up : EOS 77D & PIXMA G3000 Printer
c. 2nd Place for Theme 1 and 2: EOS M3 & PIXMA TS5170 Printer
d. 3rd Place for Theme 1 and 2: EOS M10 & PIXMA MG3070s Printer
COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All participants must wear the Canon apparel (t-shirt & visor) provided during the Event.
2. Participants can use any Canon digital camera during the Canon PhotoMarathon Philippines 2017 competition.
3. All photographs submitted MUST be in JPEG format and sized to approximately maximum 5MB.
4. Storage format accepted are CF / SD / MMC / XD / MS formats. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors / drives for use during the submission of entries during the Event. CMP will not be held responsible for the inability to read / download images.
5. All photographs will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to theme 50%
- Creativity in theme interpretation 30%
- Composition of photograph (lighting, exposure & focus) 20%
6. All submissions for each theme must be completed before the announced allocated deadline. CMP reserves the right to reject any submission once the deadline has lapsed.
7. All submitted photographs must be taken on the day of the Event on 21 October 2017as evidenced by the photo’s compliance to use the date and time announced on the event day.
8. Submitted photographs must not be altered by any editing software; only in-camera editing is allowed.
9. Participants must submit their entries personally. No proxy submission by any participant shall be allowed during the Event.
10. CMP will not be responsible for providing photographic equipment including camera, spare batteries, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with all their photographic equipment.
12. Winners will be announced on October 21, 2017 at 7:00PM. Should the winner/s not be present during the awarding, they will be notified via registered mail & phone call.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Canon PhotoMarathon Philippines 2017 ("Event") is an event organized by Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc. (CMP) to be held on 21 October 2017 at Hall 4 of the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City and is open to all persons present at the Event. Employees (including their relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity) of CMP and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents, sub-contractors and persons involved in organizing, promoting and/or conducting the Event are not eligible to participate.
2. Participants must abide by these Terms and Conditions, Competition Rules, and by any decisions made by CMP.
3. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain consent from their parent or guardian. All participants must download and print the relevant indemnity form, sign it and submit it to CMP upon registration on the day of the Event.
4. Each participant acknowledges, represents and warrants that the submitted entry is the original work created solely by the participant, that participant is the owner of all intellectual property rights in the submission and all photos and information ("Materials") submitted are true and accurate and do not infringe any copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights, moral rights, rights of privacy or publicity of third party and that the participant has the full and unrestricted right to provide the Materials to CMP for its collection, use and disclosure in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and has obtained the consent of third parties where required.
5. Each participant consents to the use and disclosure of any Materials and participant's name, personal data, likeness, photographs, video/film recording, voice/sound recording and other information relating to such participant or that of a third party provided by such participant for any purposes relating to or in connection with the organization, implementation and record of the Event and future Canon PhotoMarathon, creation, production and sale of Event-related products and any advertising, promotional and publicity activities of CMP ("Purposes") in any manner CMP deems fit and waives all claims for compensation or further approval in this respect. Such disclosure may be to any party involved in the Purposes including CMP's agencies, affiliated companies, authorized partners and sub-contractors and such other parties as may be permitted or required by law.
6. Each participant grants an unrestricted, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sub-licensable license to copy, reproduce, use, display, modify, transmit, distribute and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) relating to or in connection with the Purposes, in any media now or hereafter known including but not limited to magazines, websites, social media, at CMP's sole and absolute discretion waives all claims for compensation or further approval in this respect.
7. Each participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless CMP and its agencies, affiliated companies, authorized partners, sub-contractors and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents from and against any claims, losses, liabilities, expenses, costs and damages arising from and in connection with participant's participation in this Event and the acceptance and use of the prize(s).
8. Each winner shall, when required by CMP:
- a. attend any prize presentation and participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Event; and/or
- b. provide his/her original government-issued Identity Card / Passport for verification purposes.
9. All information submitted by each participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification from the Event, forfeiture or withdrawal of any prize won in CMP's sole discretion.
10. Any participant who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions and Competition Rules shall be disqualified from the Event and any other Event organized by CMP and/or have the prize forfeited as determined by CMP in concurrence with DTI.
11. CMP shall not be liable in any way to any person for any claims, loss or damage arising from or in connection with the Event and the acceptance and use of the prize.
12. Decisions by CMP and competition judges, in concurrence with a DTI representative, are final. No queries will be entertained.
13. All nationalities are welcome.
14. By participating in the Event, the participant is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
15. There will be no refund for any cancellation of participation or non-attendance.
16. In the event of any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions and any advertising, promotional, publicity and other material relating to or in connection with the Event, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Philippine laws and the participants of the Event shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Philippine courts.
Per DTI-FTEB Permit No. 11524 Series of 2017.